Tuesday 4 June 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch

Icon. Inerrant. Inspiration.

Dear God.

Just saw A Study in Pink (for the nth time). My grandmother hadn't seen it before, so, of course, it had to be put up on TV for her!

She loved it, of course. She's re-reading A Study in Scarlet these days, so she enjoyed it properly. Now she can't have enough, and she's watching The Blind Banker.



She says Benedict Cumberbatch reminds her of her favourite grandchild, my dearest cousin. Ah, well. I've always thought my cousin looked a bit like Orlando Bloom rather than Benedict Cumberbatch; but being a mathematician plus a pianist - he's certainly as intellectual as Sherlock...albeit more theoretical. The family's full of academic eccentrics.

Anyway, that wasn't the point. Found a nice article and a cool set of problems. Also, a nice collection of videos where everyone is gushing about Benedict Cumberbatch.

Need more Sherlock. Just Sherlock Season 3. Nothing else.

There's some talk of Sir Benedict being the twelfth Doctor. I don't think so, not really. In any case, I'd rather he finish Sherlock first. I adore Doctor Who, but Sherlock's just something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment