Friday 31 May 2013

Sherlocked.

*sigh*

I'm supposed to write a Sherlock Holmes play. Looking for inspiration.

This is lovely (from Sherlockology), but I need more material. Problem is, I am expected to write a period drama, with the Holmes of old, and I've come to think of Sherlock as Benedict Cumberbatch's avatar.




Perhaps I should try and convince the others to think about a modern Sherlock. But then, they'll say that there's too much of it at the moment, with Sherlock on one hand and Elementary on the other.

I need to stay up for a couple of hours and I'm feeling terribly sleepy. Why is it that when you need to stay up you feel sleepy the most?

Sherlock Episode 3 Season 3 will probably begin shooting in July/August. Hope they release it by fall - I know they said they won't, but I really hope they do. It is an excruciating wait, and while Sir Benedict is fantastic in a lot of places, nothing beats Sherlock.

I'm all SHERLOCKED. God help me.

How do I begin my play? Should I have an adventuress fall into Sherlock's arms much to his consternation and the bemusement of John? Or maybe Jane Doe could be a schizophrenic murderer? Should I take a page from Elementary and give him a female Moriarty? Nah. I'll use the hiatus.

I can imagine the start of the story on John's blog -

"Sherlock is not bad to look at, but it is not often that pretty young women fall at his feet. Jane Doe, however, did so. Literally.

Me and Sherlock were on our way back to Baker Street after an "absurdly simple" case (according to Sherlock, anyway; I thought it was at least an 8) which ended with Sherlock reducing two policemen to tears, when a rather attractive young woman came running at us. She skidded to a halt in front of Sherlock, grinned beatifically and threw her arms around his neck with an "Oh, darling!"

I don't think I have seen Sherlock look so flabbergasted before. He shot me a pleading a look and tried to disengage himself, but Jane Doe fainted at his feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment